2021 Autumn Edition - News Page
Snow Country Ski Club Members Page on Facebook can be found here.
| Snow Country Ski Club AGM 2020 (including 2019 reports) in Wollongong
|| Sunday 23rd May, 2021
|Annual fee and building levy.
|2021 Ski Season Full MembersFamily one (1) week Bookings open
Monday April 12th, 2021, at 7PM
|Bookings open for all Members and their Families
|| Monday 19 April, 2021
|Bookings open for Members Guests.
||Monday 10th May, 2021
Confirming the 2020 AGM to be conducted at the Wollongong Golf Club, (151-161 - Corrimal Street, Wollongong), commencing at 11am.
Our newsletter - Snow Country Snippets - April 2021is now available for downloading here.
2021 Booking Information:
Winter Bookings commence at 7pm on Monday the 12 April, 2021. The following details apply to how bookings will operate again this year;
7.00pm - 12 April 2021, for Full Family Club Member bookings, of 7 days of more
7.00pm - 19 April 2021, for all Club Member bookings minimum of 2 days or more
7.00pm - 10 May 2021, for all Club Members and Members Guest of 2 days or more
IMPORTANT NO BOOKING CAN START OR FINISH ON A SATURDAY
We have received a couple of queries of what is considered 'full family members', with the following provided as a guide: Mum, Dad and x Children - all members can book on the 12 April 2021. A Husband and Wife or Partners who are both members with no children can book on the 12 April 2021. A Husband and Wife or Partners that are members with children having reached 25 old and have left home or now independent members, can book on 12 April 2021, but not the individual children. I hope this helps define Full Member families, and remember this is to make bookings of 7 days or more only during this first week, the same as previous years.
All Adult members with spouse or partners and children who may be members or not, can make bookings 19 April 2021 for periods of 2 days or longer.
Lastly, all members and guest can make bookings of 2 days or longer from the 10 May, 2021.
Last years COVID-19 Waiver form has now been incorporated into the booking forms and the completion and submission of the booking forms acknowledges the conditions and terms of the Waiver, this will apply to Jindabyne bookings in particular as these still have to be made via booking forms emailed to the booking officer.
Bookings made on line for Smiggins Lodge, will see a notation in the booking area;
By completing and submitting your booking, either electronically, email or booking form you are agreeing to all terms of the SCSC COVID-19 Waiver of Liability terms and the SCSC COVID-19 Plan of Management.
This will save waiver forms having to be submitted either by email/form or online. As such all members, family and guest names MUST be provided with individual email details. All under 18 old guest or non member under 18 family members included in bookings MUST have their DOB included. This is to ensure the club meets its requirements for COVID-19 tracing.
See Smiggins and Jindabyne Booking pages the Jindabyne and Smiggins Booking forms, they are four pages and include all the new dates for Non Peak, Peak and Shoulder, Daily Prices - per room for Jindabyne and per person for Smiggins, as well as the additional Terms and Waiver Agreement relevant to using either lodge.
SCSC December 2020 Xmas Newsletter is now available - Here
Planning for upcoming work parties has commenced and we need a strong turnout of members to assist in 2021 to help keep our maintenance costs as low as possible.
We are planning two work parties this year, and will be covering the Jindabyne and Smiggins Lodges. Dates and work party tasks will be decided and announced in January
With the COVID19 NSW Government issued Health Orders we have not been able to hold our normal scheduled Annual General Meeting.
Link to further information and the Finance and Audit Report along with the Presidents Report and last year’s AGM Minutes.
The Summer 2020 - 2021 Jindabyne Lodge is now available for downloading. Click here.
Exciting News for Snow Country Members in August and September…..
- The forecasts are in, and are expecting almost 1 metre of snow over the next 10 days in Perisher !
- Perisher has lift tickets for sale available until September 6 currently. Remember, you don’t need a reservation if you have an Epic Pass.
- And there’s still lodge availability for the remainder of August.
But be quick as we are operating on reduced beds/rooms and inquiries have started to increase.
- With the late season snow, Spring skiing is going to be cracking this year and a great time for that well-earned family break.
- We have lots of great accommodation across both lodges in September
- And accommodation rates have just been reduced by 30% from September 4 for the remainder of the season for members and guests.
A 30% reduction means you can stay at Smiggins for just over $100 per night or book a room in Jindabyne for under $80 (from week commencing Sept 11)
So if you have an Epic Pass, get booking now. If you don’t, keep an eye out for Perisher’s updates on when new tickets go on sale.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you take advantage of what promises to be a great finish to a unique season.
The first newsletter for 2020 is now available Newsletter 1.
The lodge booking and waiver forms are now available.
Jindabyne 2020 Ski Season Form Jindy
Smiggins 2020 Ski Season Form
Snow Country Ski Club Covid 19 waiver Form
Snow Country’s lodges will also be reopening soon for the use by members and their guests. We thank you for your patience while we waited for clarity around the season opening.
We welcome back Steve and Alison in Smiggins and Gudrun and Juergen in Jindabyne as your Lodge Managers for season 2020, who are keen and ready to welcome you back.
Due to the impacts of COVID19 and the associated Government Health Orders, there will be a number of changes this season in how the Lodges operate, how you book accommodation and the booking rates. The Board will continue to monitor these changes in light of any easing of Government Health Orders and we reserves the right to make changes at any time during the season.
The changes made for season 2020 are designed to keep our Managers, members and guests safe from COVID19, while ensuring the Club is legally compliant. However, it is your adherence to these changes that will be critical to our safe operation.
Bookings open on the following dates:
- Members & immediate families – 7 day bookings and longer only : from 7pm on Monday June 15 to Wednesday June 17
(Full member families receive priority if there any booking conflicts)
- Members & immediate families – min. 2 nights bookings : from 7pm on Thursday June 18 to Tuesday June 23
(Full member families receive priority if there are any booking conflicts)
- Members & guests : from 7pm, Wednesday, June 24 onwards.
- Please also remember weekend bookings at either lodge are a minimum of two nights (Fri and Saturday), no bookings can start or finish on a Saturday.
As usual, you must be a FINANCIAL member of the Club to book accommodation which means you must not have any overdue fees and/or levies. If you do have any outstanding invoices we encourage you to settle these ASAP either on-line or through Karen Lyth the booking officer.
- Smiggins - Adult Member $149/Night, Child Member $119/Night,
- Smiggins – Non-Member Adult $299/Night and Non-Member Child $199/Night
- Singles making a booking for themselves only, will due to COVID19 Social Distancing protocols, occupy a room alone, this will attract a 50% premium for bookings.
- Jindabyne Peak – Member $149/Night, Non-Member $299/Night,
- See the booking forms for full booking fees and conditions.
Lodge Opening dates
Please note, due to the COVID19 impacts and the current Government Health Orders, both lodges will not be utilising all rooms and the lodges will operate at lower than normal capacities.
Below are a number of other changes and restrictions for both lodges, please ensure for your safety and all other uses you read and abide by these changes/rules.
Lodges will open on a reduced bed basis for the first week of the season. This will allow our managers to embed the hygiene protocols and ensure smooth operation of the Lodges.
· Fri June 26 – Thurs July 2
o Jindabyne : 5 rooms available
o Smiggins opens : 2 rooms available
· Fri July 3 – end of season
o Jindabyne : 9 rooms available
o Smiggins : 4 rooms available
Due to the additional costs being incurred to run the Lodges this season, combined with the shorter season, the accommodation rates have had to be increased for season 2020 and the rates schedule has been simplified.
- There will be only one booking per room in Smiggins.
- There is no allocation of rooms reserved at either lodge for the Smiggins Bowl in September currently as it is unclear whether it will proceed
- The Junior Race Development program has unfortunately been cancelled this year due to COVID19 impacts.
Bookings, Confirmation, Amendments and Cancellations
Bookings can only be made by sending a completed booking form to the booking officer this season until otherwise notified given the need to control numbers in line with restricted capacity and social distancing protocols. This years booking form will be available on the new website.
Booking acceptance will be confirmed by the booking officer and full payment required to be made at the time. This will allow your booking to be confirmed and the room availability calendars to be displayed on the Snow Country booking system https://snowcountry.emdev.com.au/default.aspx
Any amendments will incur a charge of $25 per change. This does not include cancellations. Cancellation penalties are unchanged from last year and are found on booking forms.
Other Booking Information
- All members and guests must agree to abide by the terms and conditions as per our COVID19 Lodge Management Plan, including signing a waiver of liability before entering the lodge. Strict cleaning and hygiene protocols will be in place.
- Check in will be strictly between 3pm - 9pm and members are to contact lodge managers upon arrival to be temperature tested. This means early bag drop offs will not be possible this year.
- Guests will be temperature tested as they check in to the Lodge by the Lodge Manager. Members and guests should not attend the Lodges if they are not feeling well or exhibiting symptoms of COVID19 or have been in contact with people who have COVID19. Any guests presenting to the Lodge with a high temperature and or COVID19 symptoms will not be allowed to enter the lodge.
- A room has been set aside for isolation and quarantine at the Jindabyne Lodge for those that cannot return home on the same day of arrival. There will be a thorough lodge clean undertaken by the managers of both lodges on a Sunday which will require all guests to vacate the lodge.
- The names of all people in the room and their contact phone numbers must be supplied on booking forms. Friends and visitors who are not staying at the lodge, will not be allowed to enter the lodges during the day or night to keep the lodge environment safe.
- Check out time will be strictly 10am, there will be no ability to leave your bags in the lodge or return in the afternoon for showers.
- Any ski/boarding equipment left at lodges will not be able to be accessed unless you are staying at the lodges. This means if you leave your skis/boards in the Smiggins Loft between stays, you will not be allowed to enter the lodge until after check in time on your returning visit. If you leave your gear at either lodge and then return at a later date to an alternate lodge, you will not be allowed to enter the lodge to pick up your gear.
- Communal areas within the Lodges will be subject to maximum guest capacity, indicated by signage. The Ground Floor entry area of Smiggins lodge will be controlled via signage so only the occupants of one room can leave at any one time, this means morning departures and afternoon returns from skiing/boarding will be staggered and patience will be required.
- Kitchen usage in both lodges will not be possible by members or guests ; new microwave ovens have been placed in all rooms at Jindabyne.
- Bathroom usage in Smiggins will be controlled through room allocation of one shower, one toilet and one basin per room, only the occupants of one room will be allowed in the bathroom at a time. This means bathrooms will be effectively operating as Uni-Sex bathrooms.
- Members and guests staying in both lodges must bring their own PILLOW, other bedding will be provided as usual.
- The COVID19 Lodge Plan of Management outlines the procedures to be implemented, should a guest contract COVID19 or be suspected of contracting the virus. Failure to follow these procedures or directions from Lodge Managers or Board members may result in disciplinary action against members including suspension of membership.
- The Pool Tables and Table Tennis tables at both lodges and the Foosball at Jindabyne will be unable to be used by members and guests. Communal books and games will also not be available this year - you are welcome to bring your own to use within your group.
- We strongly encourage members and guests to download and leave active the COVIDSAFE App before commencing and during your stay at the Lodges.
- For future information on all of the controls we are putting into place to prevent the contracting of COVID19, please see the full Lodge Management Plan which can be found on the booking system website.
For articles from the previous years News Pages:- click here.
Click here to read the most recent Newsletters.
Do you have any photos
to share of the recent ski season, OR your
summer holiday in the Snowy Mountains OR an
international Winter experience?
Just email them to the Websubmission
and we will arrange to post them on the website.
Contact Snow Country Ski Club
for further information on our club.
Contact Webmaster for
any comments & suggestions regarding this site.